A full changelog will be provided later, but for now, mostly includes fixing exploits and bugs, as well as antihack meaures for the latest available hacks, specially those focused on crashing servers and kick out other players.
As usual, we encourage server admins to update and provide feedback to avoid when possible, false positives and keep servers clean.
As usual, get them in the Downloads section:
2.0.5 Beta 3 (2017-08-01)
Added: INVISIBLE_PLAYER_HACK fix (RODRIGUEZ Mode).
Added: IMMORTAL_PLAYER_HACK new version fix.
Added: IMMORTAL_TEAM_PLAYER_HACK fix.
Fixed: Basic Respawn Bug.
Fixed: False positives when picking up mines and remotes.
Known issues: Some votes can cause false positives for VOTETYPE_HACK; we are researching his one.
2.0.5 Alpha 6 (2017-07-05)
Added: CRASH_SERVER_HACK Fixed.
Added: SERVER_CRASH_HACK at login fixed (Thanks to Vityacv).
Added: CRASH_ALL_PLAYERS_HACK detection.
Added: VOTETEAM_HACK detection, used to kick players with no need for other’s votes.
Added: TEAMID_HACK Detection, for players switched to invalid Team.
Added: IMMORTAL_PLAYER_HACK Detection.
Added: DAMAGE_PLAYER_HACK and it’s variants detection.
Added: ADD_WEAPON_HACK detection.
Added: ADD_AMMOBOX_HACK detection.
Added: ADD_MOD_HACK detection.
Added: ADD_GEAR_HACK detection.
Added: CHAT_SPAM_HACK Detection.
Added: SOUND_SPAM_HACK Detection.
Changed: PICKUP_HACK logic and details on the type of pick up.
Changed: TELEPORT_HACK logic.
Changed: VOTETYPE_HACK logic.
Fixed: Exploit that allowed hackers to ban other players.
Fixed: %s exploit that allowed to crash servers.
Final Update: We have included the latest versions in the download section. Currently Beta 2 and 3 for Linux and Windows. We will just continue uploading the latest dev versions, but they are stable enough for use and include patches for latest hacks availables; we focus on the more damaging ones, like Crash, immortal and invisible players. Check them periodically.
Update 2: Windows version updated to 2.0.5 Alpha 3; fixing more false positives and adding detection of more hack events.
Update: Windows version updated to 2.0.5 Alpha 2; fixing false positives and adding a couple extra features under test.
Server admins should unban DAMAGE_PLAYER_HACK detections caused by a bug int the previous 2.0.5. Alpha 1 testing version. (sorry, my fault).
We are happy to announce the inmediate availability of the SEC2 2.0.4 and 2.0.5 update for FEAR Combat Dedicated Servers.
There are open beta testing versions, so we encourage server admins to keep an eye on their servers and report issues.
- Recent changes:
- Several Hack detection features.
- Sound spam.
- Vote type spam
- Weapon Spawn (Can cause false positives for connections losing packets).
- Kill Player Hack.
- Immortal Players
- Ban other players
- Go Into Invalid Team
- Crash all other players
- Vote Kick players on any Team
Some features may not be available in Linux version. We should release an update for It in the next days.
We want to let you all know we continue the development of the antihack support of SEC2, as long as new features (Some, are related to mod support!).
Also, @Holland released a IPBan tool, perfect to deal with crashers and persistent hackers.
You can find these in the downloads section of the site (Registered users only).
The FEAR Launcher 1.4
Here is the latest update for the FEAR Launcher. If you had problems in the past, download this update that will (I hope) Fix most of the known issues.
Update: 1.4 released
- Run and play! You no longer need to manually copy It to the Game Directory, automatically will try to locate the FEARMP.exe file and copy to the proper location. Supports scenarios where you have several versions installed, FEAR, Steam FEAR, FEAR Combat, Portable versions, and will allow you to select the one you want to use.
- Now can run without the Multi-language support (Languages Directory). If you don’t copy the Languages Folder, It will disable all multi-language options.
- Auto creates a short-cut on desktop for easy access.
- Restored all Server list functionality, including online players, map and password protection.
- Server List now shows the progress of the servers scanned.
- Fixed Incompatibility with the upcoming FEAR Update.
- If you already have a Short-cut, It won’t be replaced. You can use a launcher for FEAR and other for FEAR Combat, but If you created one, It won’t create another.
- It will overwrite existing copies of the Launcher when automatically moving to the Game Directory.
- When you paste your SEC2 Key, verify you didn’t add extra white spaces in the end of It (The Launcher colour will turn red, remove the extra spaces and It should go back to green/blue).
- When using a SEC2 Key, It will only list SEC2 Servers.
- The Servers info is real-time, but the list Itself isn’t. If you don’t see your server listed, contact us (Sorry for doing this again, we keep the list updated manually until the next SEC2 update that will automatically list servers).
Comment here or use the contact section.
Fixed small bug with missing Languages directory, some empty strings in the GUI.
I just mailed SEC2 Beta 7.1 to all serveradmins that have requested It in the past. If you didn’t get It, please use the contact form so I can mail It to you.
This is a critical update, since It’s free of all GameSpy Services. As you maybe already know, GameSpy killed all their FEAR services, blocking us from running servers and from authenticate CDKeys (Old CDKeys and starting today, SEC2 keys too).
So we had to make a choice: to stay with the GameSpy auth process as Is, without know when It will stop working 100%, or move a step forward and remove all GameSpy features, INCLUDING THE OLD CDKEYS.
Of course this was a hard decision and we know some won’t be happy with It, but currently most of the remaining FEAR Players with old CDKeys are not so noob players that know FEAR-Community, and even have an account here, If not, the server will kick em with a message about getting a new CDKey at fear-community.org So It shouldn’t be a problem.
We are open to your comments and suggestions, help us to move to a game 100% community driven, this is the last step, without Sierra, Activision, WBGames and GameSpy.
Today wednesday 19th December 2012 we will have a SEC2 outage, SEC2 keys won’t work for a couple hours.
This is due to a programmed maintenance that is needed because of the New FEAR Master Server Update. Everything should be back to normal during the morning.
Server Admins: We will push out a new SEC2 build in the newxt hours, as we can confirm all GameSpy support for FEAR Combat is over. The update should fix this.