New Server not on server list

Home Forums FEAR Modding New Server not on server list

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  [TxT]RusTus 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

[TxT]RusTus
    Participant

Anything special I have to do to get my server on the list?

I have disabled firewall and allowed all ports and it will not show up on your list.

Works fine when I manually add it as a favorite.

Thanks all, used to play and make maps back in the day and looking forward to getting my old server back online 🙂

[TxT]RusTus
    Participant

Nevermind, I forgot to add the dedicated flag 🙁

Working now!

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Hey man. Fred here. I’m a big fan of your work. Nice to see you around.
    And yeah, I noticed your server online, that’s good news 😀

[TxT]RusTus
    Participant

Hi! Thanks for the nice comments. I also am a fan of your work as well! Thanks for all you do to keep this community alive.

A couple friends asked me to get some maps online because they wanted to remember what it was like back in the day, lol.
    It was fun to go through the process remembering how to get the FEAR server working again with the custom content and with a
    your SEC patch. I thought I would just leave it up as a reminder that it once existed, lol.

Thanks again for reaching out, and keep up the great work over there at the fear community. It is much appreciated 🙂

[TxT]RusTus
    Participant

As a side note, I jumped into the game and got my ASS handed to me by just about everyone, lol. So sad. At one time I was AMAZING at this game, but alas… no more. 🙁

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

I know that feel bro.
    Time is a bitch and I’m Rusty too. But just give it some time; skills come back when you keep playing.
    I’m honored by your comment too; since you inspired several of my maps as you can see (killhouse, hallway, are clear samples of this). I basically remade that a couple times 😛
    I’ll release a new map this week, so I hope we can play together soon 😀

[TxT]RusTus
    Participant

For sure man love to get in there and play some more. I dug around and found all my old worldedit source files if you be interested in them I can get them to you since your still in there making maps. I don’t have much use for keeping them secret anymore 🙂

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

I’m on the same process, releasing sources for people interested.
    We could make some repository or something.

[TxT]RusTus
    Participant

Yea that sounds great.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.